GT 350 or 300????

I saw an '05 GT rolling around yesterday. It had racing stripes on it and a stripe on the bottom that said GT 350. It almost looked like it said GT 300 though so that is possible. It was very good looking, It wsa silver with white striping. Anyone have any info on this??? Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

I saw a silver one with charcoal stripes (gorgeous combo), at highway spd. (the other way), and did see a stripe job like you're describing. Circumstances prevented me from getting a good look at the rocker stripe, but I did see... something... I dunno, I'm intrigued too. So the only actual info I have is that it was apparently not a one-off =)

Reply to
Wound Up

There's a guy who works at the local Mustang shop who bought practically the first GT to arrive in CO. He's got his lookin' like a Herts GT350 but the stripes say GT281H. EESH!

Reply to
66 6F HCS

practically the

I agree. While the Hertz color combo and stripes might be okay, putting the GTXXXH moniker on there is sorta tacky in my book.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

"66 6F HCS" wrote

Oops, meant Hertz

Reply to
66 6F HCS

I agree! I'd use the word "cheesy" but hey "tacky" works, too!

Reply to
Scotter

Anything is possible with those stick on numbers from Wal-mart :p

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

LOL. I can't talk, I have enough stickers on my car to run the Daytona

500 ;)

Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

I've thought of getting the following sticker for my '67...

"My Other Car Is A Crappy Old Tempo".

Reply to
Wound Up

I wanted to get my other car is a lightning, and my other car is a mustang for my vehicles.

Reply to
Erik D.

That would certainly be better.

But seeing that on a slick '67 coupe I'm sure would elicit laughs, though. =)

Reply to
Wound Up

It's a dealer applied sticker/applique/whatever you call it. I've seen a few of them around.

Reply to
.boB

Are they there to help hold it together? Oh oh oh... that's right, to make it go faster.... i forgot.

Maybe the recent problems you had with it were the car trying to commit suicide out of pure shame.

*wink* You know when one of our own fesses up, we have GOT to give them a hard time! Kate
Reply to
SVTKate

I need one that says "My other car is a tractor"

| > I've thought of getting the following sticker for my '67... | >

| > "My Other Car Is A Crappy Old Tempo". | | | I wanted to get my other car is a lightning, and my other car is a | mustang for my vehicles. |

Reply to
SVTKate

Well I like it. I like the "SS 502" badges on Malibus, the "5.8" badges on Mustangs, etc. The only objection is the "GT350" did not refer to engine size. GT350's came in 289, 302, and 352 ci versions; no such thing as a 350 ci Ford.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1111509154.787770.220550 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

versions;

Mebbe there's a Chebby in it..

Joe

Actually, thats not why they named it 350. They couldn't think of a good name for it and they decided that they would call it GT something. They figured the distance from them to the door across the way would be a good number. It happened to be 350 feet. Thats where they got the name from. I may not be 100% accurate but it was something like that! Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Yeah yeah yeah!! I know Kate. Fact is though, I kinda like the stickers I have on it. I have "4.6L V8" on each side of the hood scoop, my C stripes that were on the car when I got it(I like those alot), and also I have reflective black fill-ins for the bumper letters on the rear. Not too bad I guess, but I think they are tasteful! :) Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

wrote GT350's came in 289, 302, and 352 ci versions;

352? The 352 cid version of the FE was never offered in the Mustang.
Reply to
66 6F HCS

Indeed, a Shelby Mustang with a 352... and of course, they were also available with blown 289s.

Reply to
Wound Up