Slowstang gets a new pair of eyes.

My 98GT's headlights and corners were starting to look pretty crappy so I decided it was time to order some replacements. I would have rather just bought a $30 polishing kit to refurbish them myself, but one headlight lense and one corner marker had cracks in them... so it was definitely a replacement deal.

I bought a complete set of 1996-98 Cobra style headlights and corners. Clear headlight lenses, standard amber corners. None of that h*mo-erotic import bling bling ultra diamond garbage. Just a subtle, tasteful upgrade.

Picture here:

Excuse the bugs all over the front of it. As you can see by the windshield wipers being up, I was just getting ready to wash it when I realized that the sun was in the perfect spot for a good picture.

Reply to
Tungsten

How much did they set you back?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Eyup.

Looking good!

And, hey, your neighbor has a classic Glastron - mid '70s Starflite if I'm not mistaken. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

$145 shipped for the whole set from

I got them through one of their eBay auctions, which saved me about $100. I'd recommend anyone else doing the same if they see something of theirs that they like.

Reply to
Tungsten

Thanks. It's a world of difference at night now.

Yeah, that actually belonged to our church's pastor and he gave it to my neighbor. Guess he got tired of it sitting in his own yard, so now it sits in John's yard all the time. LOL

Reply to
Tungsten

Hm, I've been busted for offsite linking to Tennesseespeed's graphics! Oh well, I'm sure the lights are gorgeous. ;-)

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

Looks good. I likes.

Now, when ya gonna drop in a big Windsor??

Helmut Roner Beat Up 1988 Mustang GT

Reply to
HELMUT RONER

Cool. That's gonna be on my list in the not too distant future. They're not looking too bad until I happen to compare 'em to something new.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

They look real purty! did you get OEM or aftermarket?

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I'm with you. TFrog is now licensed for daytime driving only. I've told Jean that she's giving me a new set of headlights for Father's Day (so she immediately called a plastic surgeon).

Mustangs Unlimited lists the stock set at $129.95. For the same price, I can go clear, instead of amber. For another $80.00, I can have smoked headlights, which will negate the purpose of replacing them in the first place. For an additional $130.00, I can get the "Diamond cut Crystal Clear" headlight set.

I think I'll stick with stock. I'm a stock sticker. And I'm going to stick with being a stock sticker, 'cause I'm stuck. It's early in the morning, and I'm going to have some more coffee.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Ah you're browsing the groups via Google. Just copy and paste the URL for the picture into your browser's address box and it'll work for you.

Reply to
Tungsten

They are aftermarket, unfortunately. We'll have to see how they hold up over time. ;-)

Reply to
Tungsten