snow packed inside wheels

Has anyone come up with a magical way of dealing with this? I don't guess there's much that can be done about the snow that packs into the space between tire and wheel well...

But I don't recall this much snow getting stuck to the inside of the rims before I had a car with fancy sporty aluminum wheels with this big wide shelfy space inside.

It becomes a problem when it gets uneven, throws the wheel out of balance, and makes for a ridiculously bouncy ride. I'm sure I'm not the first to experience this.

For some reason, it seems mostly on the rear wheels. Hmm...

I've been seriously wondering about some kind of sloped light plastic insert or liner or something that would shed the snow and prevent it from depositing in the first place. Last year I tried getting a bunch of nonstick spray in there but I can't report much success with that.

Reply to
David Buchner

In news:1g92w5t.1osh39bhwhulaN% snipped-for-privacy@wcta.net, David Buchner spewed:

I just carry a screwdriver bent to fit between the spokes so I can scrape/push out the offending snow/ice.

Reply to
Ned Pike

People have reported that waxing helps, though.

- D.

Reply to
TransFixed

The $3.oo spray wash place where I live works great You can aim the wand anywhere You can also blast off the salt from the rocker areas. I think Simonize sells a home spray unit very reasonable. Canadian Tire in Canada has about 5 different home water spray high pressure units.

Reply to
No Way

I've used a screwdriver to break it loose. If it gets REALLY cold and the ice is rock solid, I sometimes have to do a few high speed stops to build up break heat and soften it up. Mind you, I don't do this every time but it helps to get the ice off when it's really cold.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker