spring question for drag strip

I put a set of H&R sport springs in and lowered my car 7/8 inch. These springs are MUCH stiffer than the stock springs... Now all of a sudden I've been bitten by the drag racing bug. Now here is my newbieness shows... With these stiffer springs the front end doesn't come up at all when I launch and I get a lot of spin... My limited understanding is the weight transfer isn't happening like it should do to the stiffer springs. I have taller tires on the back so it is possible to put the stock springs back in the front and leave the stiffer ones in the back with out it looking odd... would probably make the car look more level! LOL! So should I just put the front back to stock and leave the stiffer springs in the back? Or do I put the stock springs back in both the front and rear? I also have a set of rear drag shocks on order... I've got an 2005 and having been looking for some better struts too... any ideas? (with a reasonable price tag! LOL!)

Thanks! john

Reply to
John S.

John, Don't go too overboard getting the car to perform in just one arena. It could get to the point of squidly on the street.

My '00 has Tokico adjustables F&R w/ F springs. On the street the shocks stay at '3'. For the 'strip the fronts go to '1', which help to the tune of around a tenth w/street tires.

bradtx

Reply to
bradtx

Can I assume 1 is "softer" than 3? So you keep the rear stiff and soften up the front?

Reply to
John S.

Thanks! So actually this might work then... since I have taller than stock tires in the back, if I put the stock springs in the front back in it will actually level the car out AND allow the front end to come up... and I keep the stiffer springs in the back... I think this might be a pretty good set up.... I think the car will still be pretty stable on the street... LOL! I'm to the point now where ever tenth really counts!

Reply to
John S.