SVT just pink slipped half their workers

Not A goood sign at all.

Reply to
Gary Loving

Wasnt this expected? The SVT lightning is going away after all..

Reply to
japhar81

So who's going to built the GT500?

"japhar81" wrote in news:CfmdnfkO-PlVz-vfRVn- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Reply to
Joe

Wonder what part of Ford's sales is made up of SVT type vehicles? And, what does this mean for the new Cobra Mustang?

Al, SVT Contour

Reply to
Big Al

The OTHER half... This is rumor through a friend of a friend of a friend who heard it from his aunt's neighbors nephews brother, but they laid off the lightning guys, not the cobra/gt500 guys.

Reply to
japhar81

Cobras will still be getting made. In fact, I already have an order in for one through my local svt dealer. Dunno about the sales breakup, but i doubt svt makes up alot of sales.

Reply to
japhar81

How does one order a car without a price even set?

Reply to
Brent P

Reply to
japhar81

Disgusting! You must too filthy rich. :)

Reply to
punk-tilous

Actually, I've been saving up for the cobra since like '92. And I emptied my piggy bank to give them the downpayment.

Now I gotta save up enough to actually pay for/put enough down to finance the sticker price:) While still maintaining my '05.

Reply to
japhar81

After the $ spent for the GT engine..............and putting it in your

05..................something don't smell right or maybe it does I dunno kinda makes ya go Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Probably so they could form a NEW "SV" team..

SVO > SVT > Maybe Special Vehicle Crew ??

Reply to
Armon Tanzerian

lmfao just shows which way your economy is headed

between ford junk and bin laden screwing up your economy wont be long till usa has some hardship

lmfao

hurc ast

Reply to
donaldson

I just don't understand this sort of behavior. Then again I never understood why people had to be the first on the block or whatever and pay huge premiums. I suppose this is what makes dealers think a mustang cobra is like a ferrari or something that can't be touched, let alone test driven.

If enough people do this, I won't be buying one. I am not going to put with the carry over from the 6 cylinder base car and pay 55 grand.

Reply to
Brent P

Where's the link?

Everything I've been reading lately has SVT alive and quite healthy.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

THats the problem. There are a total of 3 dealers in this state that sell SVTs and are fully authorized to maintain them. Two are owned by an asshole I refuse to deal with. That leaves one dealer, who's estimating getting 10 cobras.

Between the owner, and his family, 7 are already spoken for. And since this particular car has been a wet dream of mine since I saw concept drawings years ago, and well, rational or not, I just had to have it.

Reply to
<japhar81>

Yeah, I hear that! I simply _had_ to get my '03 Cobra right of the bat, and paid list. Friends of mine, who had the patience to wait, paid between 6-10k $ less. Six grand buys some nice mods. :)

As much as I want that next Cobra, I'll wait it out this time. Paying list is bad, more than list...no thanks.

Reply to
John C.

You might be waiting an extra year or two...

Reply to
<japhar81>

Possibly, but if the production really is to be 4500 units, I anticipate it will be sitting in my garage before winter.

Reply to
John C.

So ford is still doing this crap. Made to order is a lie then. Still rationed out for people bid on the few that don't go to connected people.

If true I won't be buying a cobra, and since that's the only level of mustang I'll consider, unless I there is a saleen for similiar value sticker to sticker, my next car won't be a ford.

Reply to
Brent P