SVT Says, Less Flab, More Filling

That's when you offer 500 + horsepower with AWD drive.

My friend's Eclipse runs 1.5-1.6 60-foots on regular ol' street tires.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Joe, if I remember correctly, the A/C intercooler thing last for like

30-45 seconds (and is "recharged" in about a minute or so). You'll be hauling some serious ass after flooring the pedal on 550 horsepower for 30-45 seconds. What sort of stunt are you looking to pull?

I'm an old fart too, but I don't need any of these.

Good point.

I think the Lightning, Mach 1 and '03-'04 Cobras have plenty of torque.

Plus, less weight doesn't require as much torque.

But so far, not in sales. And sales is what Coletti's boss is looking at.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

I don't know. Unless, in his reply he was including the whole SVT lineup.

I think the supertrucks are neat, but I think their engines should be offered in cars too.

And/or a 1/10 of a second in the 1/4.

But with a smaller pulley on the blower you don't get better braking, handling, MPG, nor are you able to use smaller brakes, sway bars, wheels/tires a lighter car can get away with.

on the wrong track. It's just that you have to design low mass into the

It all goes back to smarter engineering. Smarter engineering can make lighter seats, better/less sound deadening material, and better structual rigidity.

Smarter engineering can require less material, and less material means cost savings.

I don't know... gut out a few "standard options" and knock a few grand off the sticker, I know I could go for it.

Remember we're talking bureaucrats here. Tell them you've reduced your horsepower numbers and they won't figure out the scheme for about a decade or two. ;-) Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

That can also be due to gearing. I can get the traction, but I don't have the gears to accelerate that quick.

Reply to
Mark Jones

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Patrick, got a link to the blown 5.4 '05 Mustang? I have to see this.

Joe

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

No stunt, just the idea that max power is there on demand all the time forever. It's the same reasoning why I would never consider nitrous over a blower or turbo. Guess I'm a "power purist".

You're not as old a fart as I am. ;)

They certainly do. I'm just partial to torquemonsters like my truck. I don't know if I could ever own something like an S2000. Sweet car, but nothing down below.

There's that diet again. Gotta go back on Atkins...

Very true. But from a sheer performance standpoint, I'm still sticking with my opinion.

Joe

Uh-oh, better go back to drag school.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

I thought something was wrong.

-Mike

98 Mustang GT

Reply to
<memset

CobraJet,

Good catch. I was reading 400 lbs, but thinking (and replying) 100 lbs.

So, 100 lb reduction = a 1/10 in the 1/4.

Thanks again, Jet.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

The general rule of thumb in the 13-15 second area is .10sec/10hp/100lbs. As you move out in either direction this changes accordingly.

Remember the Mercedes my friend took to the track a few years ago? It was running low 15's, and when I stepped out of the car the ET dropped an amount exactly matching my weight by this formula.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet