Subaru Boss Says BRZ Needs 'More Performance'

"Even the president of Subaru admits the BRZ needs a little more power.

Speaking to Autoline TV, president and COO Subaru of America, Tom Doll, shared his thoughts on the Subaru BRZ sports car and what may lie in its future.

?There?s a place for the BRZ in our product lineup,? said Doll. ?We may have to do some things to it to enhance the driving performance a little more; take it up a little bit. Because I think that?s one of the learnings we?ve seen out of that vehicle, if it had a little bit more performance to it, it could really take up the sales level even more.? Doll admits that the future of the BRZ and a second generation of the car depends on Subaru?s relationship with Toyota.

The bigger question is what the Japanese automaker defines as ?performance,? whether that?s horsepower under the hood of the car, or suspension enhancements that further improve the handling of the Subaru BRZ. If it?s the latter, enthusiasts might be disappointed to see the Subaru BRZ STI come to U.S., as it packs plenty of STI products, none of which improve engine performance."

Yousuf Khan