Targa top verses Convertible top

I've heard some people say that targa top cars are more quiet, less wind noise etc than convertible cars (with roof off / top down). However, I rode in a targa top car recently (with roof off) and there seemed to be a good deal of wind turbulence in the car, seemed almost more than when in a convertible... but I could be wrong. I would just like some opinions. You'd think the targa top car would be more quiet with less wind turbulence being that only a small section of the roof is "missing" compared to a convertible. But I am starting to wonder if maybe the targa design itself creates extra wind turbulence inside the car by scooping / catching air with the rear window area and then spinning it around the driver's head, etc... maybe a true convertible is actually better??? Anyone here drive both and compare? I realize that there are no Mustang targas, but I suspect that some people here have driven Porsches or Vettes or whatever with targas. Input appreciated.

Reply to
V45Magna

ehh... I think a coupe or hatchback is even more quiet.... :-)

Seriously, in my humble opinion a targa roof is a very lousy try to imitate a convertible on a coupe body....

Greetings from Holland,

Michel,

Michel Wets

there are a few targa top mustangs. theres a place on the net that sells the kits

John Wiebalk