Gang, lookit at this POS...

This isn't an amusingly customized car or anything else, it's just some guy ranting about some low quality motorcycle he bought for alot of money.

Reply to
Brent P

True, it's not a car, but even though I like Harleys (and bikes in general), anybody who would buy something based on its looks and not test drive the thing gets what he deserves.

It's an ugly bike, in my opinion...

Reply to
Ralph Snart

I just don't get the craze of choppers. They're so phony, and have no ride quality...it's all image. For another couple of grand he could have been the owner of a VRSC, which I've had the pleasure of riding.

Vic

2kGT 5m blk suspension upgrades
Reply to
Victor DiMichina

I'm sorry, but there is NOTHING on 2 wheels that is worth 33,000 !!

People are NUTS to spend that kind of cash on ANY bike, whether it is a POS or not.

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

Everything's relative. The guy who spends the entire summer waiting for fall so that he can legally shoot at some small woodland creature couldn't understand how I could drop $400 on bowling equipment (back when I used to do that regularly)... but then again, I couldn't understand why he would want to throw that kind of money on some accessories for his bow or his gun, and then go sit in a tree stand for hours and hours on end and freeze his balls off. I'd just go buy meat.

Personally, I don't see a bike worth $33k. Mine cost $3500 used, and maybe $8k new. ('01 Ninja ZX-6) But, there are people who will easily spend that and wonder why everyone else doesn't.

I agree with Vic though. I've watched OCC a few times... I don't really understand choppers either. People talk about crotch rockets and how the seating position sucks, but I'd rather lean into the wind at 80+ and be almost comfortable than have my hands above my head for hours, or try to steer one of those things with the front wheel 5 feet out in front of me. I can't see how that could be easy to ride or comfortable at all.

I guess they look cool... but some people also think big wings and fart cans are cool too.

JS

Reply to
JS