Thanks for all the help in the past...

It looks like my 91 gave her life to save mine. As much as I like driving a Stang, I think I need something more suitable for my job (more storage space). That is when I am well enough to return to work.

Slightly Graying Wolf

GILL

"Slightly Graying Wolf" wrote in message news:z_Pxl.111445$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe03.iad...

Hope you're OK, man, that looks like a tough one. Next car - side air bags for sure.

Reply to
frogma

Bummer. Hope you recover well. My 88 LS 5.0, which became my daughters, got similarly totaled when she t-boned a Cherokee. Sad to lose a good car but better the car then me or the kids.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

To be here making a post after taking a hit like that on the drivers is good news.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

No shit, Who ran the Light?

Reply to
WindsorFo

The other driver...

Reply to
Slightly Graying Wolf

First, I'm glad that you are still alive.

Second, I'm sorry that you were hurt, through no fault of your own.

Third, I'm sorry that your car took the brunt of the impact and will likely not recover.

Fourth... what, book value? Insurance, in cases like this, can't help much. A 17-year-old Ford couldn't have been worth much on paper. Just a thought I had, looking at the photos.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Sadly I know this is true. The high mileage does not help my case. The fact that the car has been carefully attended to will not help in the least.

I wonder if they will add $9.00 for the new fuel filter I put on a couple of weeks ago ;-)

Damage has been assessed at over $7500.00 without doing a tare down.

It was a dependable car, and the fact that it had 8 plugs even though it was a 2.3L really extended the length of time it ran at peak before needing a tune up.

Reply to
Slightly Graying Wolf

They made me a fair offer - after taking into consideration some recent repairs (new alternator and battery), and added equipment.

Would I buy a car for the same amount, not in your life - I knew this car and its history. I would have felt comfortable driving it across the continent and back.

Reply to
Slightly Graying Wolf

The first offer was - $1,600.00 CND. Cars of the same age are selling for $800.00 to $3000.00 in this area - they rated my pony as average (even with

318,000 km - original motor).

I pointed out the fact that they missed the cruse control, power windows and mirrors, new battery and alternator, added keyless door and trunk opener with remote starter, and finally that it was one of the 4 cylinder 2.3L with

8 sparkplugs.

I was not able to get them any reciepts due to my condition so they called my mecanic (I usually do most of my own repairs, but I was 45 minutes from home when the last electrical problem started so it was easier to limp to a family friend's garage).

My mechanic is great. One time he read the code on a problem I was having. He walked into his shop and came out carrying a coil pack (used), dropped it into my hands and said "you know what to do!"

My cost that day $0.00

I accepted $2350.00 CND for the car

Reply to
Slightly Graying Wolf