tire size, 67 Mustang

I am going to go get some new shoes for my 67 Mustang tomorrow and not sure what is close to the original size. I have a set of roller tires on there and have no idea if they are even close to original, so in other words, HELP thx

Matt Gunsch, A&P,IA,Private Pilot Riding member of the 2003 world champion drill team Arizona Precision Motorcycle Drill Team GWRRA,NRA,GOA

Reply to
N329DF

My 66 still has the second set of tires it's every had on it (service replacements by the original owner at 35K miles), and they're Michelin

175-X14s. I believe the originals were closer to 165mm wide. The 67s were probably bigger than the 66s. Personally, I would put 205\70\14s on your 67 for pleasure drives and such. I'm going to 215\65\15s on 15X7 wheels on my car when restored.

John

66 2+2
Reply to
John Del

Well, if going to 15 inch the optimum size is 235/60/15 Look great and good size proportions (not too big not too small) on my 67 GT350 with Ten Spokes!

Reply to
Jos. Burke

Stuart&Janet