Dumb question about tire size

I have a 1990 mustang gt. It has the factory 4 lug, 15 inch turbine wheels on it with new P225/60VR15 tires on it. I have always wanted to replace the ugly turbine wheels but it is near impossible to find 15 inch 4 lug wheels anymore to fit a mustang.

I have been looking on craigslist and found some aluminum ones that a guy I think ordered from summit that are aluminum. However, the back wheels are 10.5 inches wide.

I think my factory wheels are either 7 or 8 inches wide. Does anyone know if they would still fit my car?

The dumb question I have is, will my factory sized tires I have currently fit the 10.5 inch wide tires? I think probably not but how do you tell what tire would fit a 10.5 inch wide rim?

I appreciate it!

Reply to
stryped1

Tire width must match wheel width. I don't know if the wheels will fit your car or not.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Tire manufacturers publish specs for their tires that include the minimum and maximum wheel width they can be safely used with. If the tires in question are current, getting the answer should be as simple as looking on either a vendor site such as TireRack or the manufacturer's site.

Reply to
mulder