Tow hitch info for late model Stang?

Looks like I'm gonna need a tow hitch for my Stang. Need to get a small trailer to haul items from Home Depot, etc. I knew when I bought the tiny Stang that I'd have to deal with this problem eventually... don't have funds to buy an extra SUV or mini-van yet for hauling purposes, but a nice little trailer on the back of the Stang should do the trick for now for carrying some plywood, 2X4s, etc. I have an old beater car that I used for home Depot use, but that car has three wheels in the grave at this point so... time for plan B.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a brand of tow hitch for the Stang, and a place to get one at a good price? Are there bolt-on ones available, or must they be welded on, or??? Any info appreciated. I'd prefer to bolt one on myself if at all possible.... don't really trust punks with torches screwing around under my car.

Thanks!

Reply to
GT-Vert-03

A quick Google search turned up this:

You might find more/better by asking the GoogleGod.

Doc

Reply to
doc

Try U-Haul - I had a receiver hitch (Class 2) on a 2001 V-6 - It pulled a U-Haul trailer cross country quite well without any problems. I let them do the turn key installation, but you can buy the hitch and install it yourself.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Where are you located? We are about to sell an old pickem up truck for hella cheap!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

-----------------

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the offer, but I currently do not have room for an extra vehicle. A trailer is really what I need at the moment. Thanks anyway!

Reply to
GT-Vert-03

I know you said trailer, but depending on the amount of loads.... Home Depot's vans are pretty cheap to rent and hold a lot of weight. Gagan

Reply to
Gagan (mwarrior)

Where are you located?? I have Hidden Hitch sitting in the garage from my

2001 GT. I used it to tow a Jet Ski last summer. I'd like to get $50 for it (plus you pay shipping). Included is the 1 7/8" ball,draw bar, and all hardware. Just bolts onto your GT with no drilling. Let me know, WES
Reply to
WES

I was kind of picky when I got mine. It's custom made and welded.

Reply to
Gill

your car is rated at 'class 1' towing. Means you cant tow more than a

2000lb trailer maximum. I have seen overloaded trailers bend unibody vehicles, you are taking an awful chance, I wish you luck.

Dave

--

68_GEE_TEE

68_GEE_TEE

I don't know who your replying to, but I don't see anyones post saying anything about overloading. ????

Reply to
Gill

I am just planning to get one of those small 4'X8' bed 200 pound trailers for hauling wood and such from Home Depot. The trailer is rated at about

1000 pounds max load capacity anyway... the entire trailer with max payload would never be more than 1200 pounds max, and realistically probably never more than 600 or 700 pounds, if that. I'd always be sure to balance everything well on the trailer so that tongue weight would be at a minimum. Home Depot is only about 6 miles from my house, so... I'm sure the car can handle it... I am not too worried about damaging the car. Certainly a Mustang is not designed for pulling heavy trailers, but under 1,000 pounds total weight for mere 6 mile runs shouldn't be too bad.
Reply to
GT-Vert-03

Custom bolt on hitch for your car would start around $79

just select your year, make, etc.

Bobby

Reply to
Bobby