Uh -Oh, did I screw up my clutch?

I think that you know WAY more about the gears and what you are doing in the rear end of that little monster than I ever will LOL

: I thought Don ran off to LA. Hope a gator didn't get him.

I thought so too, but then for some reason I think he didn't go, something happened and then he just disappeared. Really weird. So, now I am worried about him. Maybe I sohould give him a call. I remember he was going to move to the outskirts of town to a place with sme dirt on it and was pretty excited about that.

Congrats on the little guy!

Kate

Reply to
KJ.Kate

The clutch is probably fine. I once overheated the clutch in a F150 to the point where you could have the clutch fully released in 1st gear and the truck wouldn't go anywhere. Shut it down for an hour and it worked normally after that.

One thing you may want to pay attention to is taking your foot completely off the clutch pedal when shifting gears. Personally, I have a tendency to leave the pedal slightly depressed when I know I'm going to make another gear change in a few seconds and that could lead to slippage and heat build up.

Reply to
drsmith

aw Scott - tell me more of this "child on the way" concept. I have one due 6/6/6 (notice the date - now I know he is mine...lol).

I'm dual addicted. I'm a musician and have 13 expensive stringed instruments and so much electronics it makes my car look cheap. Which it really is since I have not done much to it.

So it appears I NEED: Heavy Duty Clutch

3:73's Short Shifter

NICE to have: Supercharger

Anyone got a guess on the cost of the NEEDS? I know the SuperCharger is very expensive and may have to wait or my kid will have to eat cat food. lol

The local speed shop was saying something like $800-$900 USD for the gears a while back.

BTW - I like you guys, your fun, and obviously as impulsive as me.

Shane

Reply to
Shane