value of a G.T.

I have a 1988 mustang gt, bought it new ( 7-88 ), car only has 10k miles , it is black with red trim strip, red interior, all original ,still has all orginal parts ,even wiper-blades are still factory, this car has never been raced or modified, sits in climate controlled gararge, seen rain twice, only drive car in june for one week out of the year, car has 5-speed and all power options, its a hardtop, due to getting old and health not what it used to be, I need to sell this nice car, my question to this group is,, how much is my car worth. as an old car guy I can say this, this is one fine mustang, still looks and smells new,,,,,,hope I can get serious answers,,thanks,,

Reply to
SRE

In my _opinion_ it is a little late in the selling year for getting top dollar for a collectible car. You car really sounds like a jewel and is probably worth every penny someone will pay for it.

Again, this is only my_ personal opinion_ , if you can wait until next year around Fathers Day store the car and then list it on ebay. Take good pictures and spare no time giving a honest and lengthy description. Good pictures and being honest sell !!!

It will sell for _far more than you ever dreamed of_.

In the mean time, enjoy it ! Take it out and drive it. None of us are getting any younger. :-)

Good luck, Gene

Reply to
Gene Seach

Another thought, after I hit the send key........ ;-)

Go to

and type in "Mustang Magazines" and send them info on your car. Your car is a "needle in a haystack". Most will want to do a story on this jewel. Again, collect all the info and praise and then list it next year when the buyers are paying top dollar.

Gene

Reply to
Gene Seach

A car with that low mileage, and originality should command higher than normal figures. Somewhere in near $7,800+ . My advice is to take lots of pictures, build a web page, and place a listing on Ebay for it. You will be very surprised what the car may fetch...............If your located in the NY/NJ area, and do not want to be bothered with the listing, I can do it for you for a fee....................

Yours in Fords,

Bill S.

SRE wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Except of course that this group is entirely non-commercial. Please refrain from making commercial posts in this newsgroup.

Yours in hypocrisy,

Bill S.

Reply to
Bill S.

Something's wrong here....are there 2 Bill S. on this group...oh, nevermind, I see the fake Bill S. return address.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 00:45:33 -0400 (EDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (SRE) wrote something wonderfully witty:

With time and patience you should be able to get a somewhat decent price for the car, but you are still going to lose your ass on the deal. Sorry to say that Nada only lists it as $4,435 high retail so you are definitely going to have to wait for a hard core car nut to make you an offer. It will take time or plain dumb luck.

Best chance is to try and contact some of the Mustang publications and see if they are interested in doing a story on your car. That should pump-up some of the interest level.

Only you can determine what you must have out of the car. Unfortunately it has a long ways to go before entering any type of collector status. It has all the makings, but no way of ever telling.

I would say that if you are truly interested in selling the car you should peak some interest in just this group. You have mine right now and if you want to start talking drop me an e-mail @ snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

I will tell you this in advance. If I do buy it, it will not be a garage queen again. I will drive it and enjoy it. I am truly sorry you never had that opportunity. Cars aren't built to be left sitting in the garage, well OK some are, but the primary purpose of them as they were designed, is to be driven & enjoyed.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 05:16:35 GMT, "Brad" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Again it depends on the object of the exercise. Not everyone can "afford" to hold on to something waiting for the perfect buyer when they need to sell. Most material items hold much more worth to the current owner then a perspective owner. Personally I usually find it a shame that a person has never had the time to get the enjoyment of owning such a car. They were built to be driven to be enjoyed. Not simply parked in a garage and hopping that some day it will be worth mega-bucks.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

You are such a source of good cheer and friendliness...

*rolling her eyes*

Kate

"ZombyWoof" wrote something wonderfully twitty:

| Again it depends on the object of the exercise. Not everyone can | "afford" to hold on to something waiting for the perfect buyer when | they need to sell. Most material items hold much more worth to the | current owner then a perspective owner. Personally I usually find it | a shame that a person has never had the time to get the enjoyment of | owning such a car. They were built to be driven to be enjoyed. Not | simply parked in a garage and hopping that some day it will be worth | mega-bucks. | -- | | ZombyWoof | | The wages of sin are death, but after taxes are taken out, | it's just a tired feeling.

Reply to
SVTKate

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 23:53:47 GMT, "Ed" wrote something wonderfully witty:

I am not the guy selling the car. I was responding to him.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:03:31 GMT, "SVTKate" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Ok, well let's try to make this sincere and honest. Why do you say what you say:? Exactly what part of what I said do you take umbrage with? Was I in error in a point?

Am I wrong in my assessment that it is ashame that a machine that was built to be driven hasn't been? Do you feel it is not true that something you hold valuable I may see as having less worth? Or vice-a-versa.

Exactly how was I being unfriendly? The post I was replying to was one that said the guy should hold onto the car.

I'll admit my reply doesn't stand very well on it's own without the part I was responding to. Did I forget to include that part? Or did you snip it when you replied to me?

Was your reply simply a cheap shot at me because you had nothing better to do? Or are my views simply not valid because they are not in alignment with yours?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Reply to
Ed's Mustang

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:05:35 GMT, "Ed's Mustang" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Ah, you replied to my post so I thought you were talking to me.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Actually, none of the reasons you stated. You just tend to be abrasive in your replies.

Kate

| >You are such a source of good cheer and friendliness... | >*rolling her eyes* | >

| >Kate | >

| Ok, well let's try to make this sincere and honest. Why do you say | what you say:? Exactly what part of what I said do you take umbrage | with? Was I in error in a point? | | Am I wrong in my assessment that it is ashame that a machine that was | built to be driven hasn't been? Do you feel it is not true that | something you hold valuable I may see as having less worth? Or | vice-a-versa. | | Exactly how was I being unfriendly? The post I was replying to was | one that said the guy should hold onto the car. | | I'll admit my reply doesn't stand very well on it's own without the | part I was responding to. Did I forget to include that part? Or did | you snip it when you replied to me? | | Was your reply simply a cheap shot at me because you had nothing | better to do? Or are my views simply not valid because they are not | in alignment with yours? | >

| >"ZombyWoof" wrote something wonderfully twitty: | >

| >| Again it depends on the object of the exercise. Not everyone can | >| "afford" to hold on to something waiting for the perfect buyer when | >| they need to sell. Most material items hold much more worth to the | >| current owner then a perspective owner. Personally I usually find it | >| a shame that a person has never had the time to get the enjoyment of | >| owning such a car. They were built to be driven to be enjoyed. Not | >| simply parked in a garage and hopping that some day it will be worth | >| mega-bucks. | >| -- | >| | >| ZombyWoof | >| | >| The wages of sin are death, but after taxes are taken out, | >| it's just a tired feeling. | >

| | -- | | ZombyWoof | | The wages of sin are death, but after taxes are taken out, | it's just a tired feeling.

Reply to
SVTKate

That amount seems very high to me, not that I would know, but I wouldn't pay that much for such a car. If it were a Fox Cobra...maybe.

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

Reply to
C. Olofsson

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 04:47:36 GMT, "Bill S." wrote something wonderfully witty:

As would I. I refuse that this car has a value anywhere near the amount of money you just quoted. None at all.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:28:22 GMT, "SVTKate" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Perhaps you could be kind enough to point out why you think so. I have re-read in a couple of times and find nothing abrasive about it at all. Perhaps a little terse, but that's for the sake of brevity.

There are three rules for written communications. Accuracy, Brevity, and clarity. It is called the A,B,C's of writing.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Hell, I f he can get 20 for an 88 hardtop, wonder what I can get for my 89 gt vert..maybe enough to buy a..oh wait..thats right..

i will never sell my vert baby..now if only i could afford to get the tranny fixed so I could actually drive it!

Reply to
Matt