Weather checked tires dangerous ? and what are "blemished" tires ?

the buyer came over and looked at my 93 cobra.. he said my bfgoodrich comp T/As are weather checked... they have tiny cracks where the tread meets the
sidewall. They have 12k miles on them and are 3 years old.
Are weather checked Z rated tires dangerous ? I bought them at National Tire and Battery before they were sucked up in to Sears 3 . Their warranty states they will replace tires if they have not exceeded 25% of their treadlife and are not older than than 48 months with weather checking >???
he also said these tires are "blemished" tires ? Never heard the term before.. he said the extra tire flash you see where the molds came together are cosmetically not o.k. thus are usually sold as blemishes.. can that be true ?
dave
Weather checked tires are an unknown quantity. Since these are steel belted tires, moisture in the plies is unacceptable.... There is absolutely no way of knowing the condition of the internals. Speed rated or not, we need to err on the side of caution..... anything else is a crap shoot and the price is a tad high.
Blems are tires that have cosmetic problems..... for a manufacturer to sell a tire with construction defects would be opening themselves to liability that would scare any lawyer.
While it is a real hoot to do things to make us go faster, we need to remember that before we go fast we need to be sure we can stay above the landscape and stop when we need.

comp
the
warranty
together
be
Sounds like the buyer is nit picking to beat you down, ultimately your talking about 1k for tires and cat back.. If your willing to compromise drop the price 1k... otherwise keep the car, it means more to you than it's worth to the potential buyer...
Sean
rec.bicycles.marketplace