What RPM to launch w/ 3.73's?

Hey Everyone, I'm finally getting my 5 liter to the track next weekend. I've got 3.73's under it, with Lakewood bars and a T-5. What rpm should i be looking to launch from? I use 235/60R15 street tires.

Thanks, Don W

Reply to
Don Wallish

Depends on the track temperature and tire pressure. I would start at

1800 rpm and work your way up (I would sometimes hook up at 3000 rpm).. You can expect 2.3xx 60 ft times but a 2.0xx is possible on street tires. Reducing the rear tire pressure (start at 30 psi and work your way down) will help your 60 ft times. Inflate the fronts to the max pressure. One other tip ... do not go through the water box. You will just drip water down the track, increase your times and the risk of going sideways ! .

Reply to
Duker

Don, start at 8,500 RPM and go up from there:)

Seriously, how can we tell you how sticky the track is or how good your tires will hold? With my stock 5.0 5 speed, I start out at 2,500 RPM and feather the clutch out of the gate. Our track is very sticky, most are not. The launch is the most important part of the race. What I do is make a number of 60' passes and try different things. No reason to kill the car all the way to the end. If you can get 5 or 6 launches in, you should be set. Make at least one hard launch, even if the tires spin a bit it may be quicker at 60'.

Al

Reply to
Big Al
8,500 RPM LOL!!!!! that's too funny. smartass LOL j/k

-Mike

Reply to
<memset