? for CJ owners ith AMC V8's

Hey Everyone, My nearly-year-long '82 CJ8 project is nearly done. Just a few finishing touches here and there. I'm having a little problem with my cooling system. When i bought the Scrambler last year it had a 401 with a T/H 400 and Q-trac, all installed the wrong way. A wiring nightmare, offset t-case output with standard rear axle, stock 258 radiator, etc. I got a good deal on two complete

360's, one was pretty fresh and is sitting in the Jeep, the other will be completly rebuilt this winter. What i've run into is a problem with the water pump. I checked on pumps for the 304, 360 and 401, all the same cast iron pump. They have huge outlets for the heater and bypass hoses, close to 7/8". The heater core takes 5/8" hose, i think. That's not a big issue, i just need a reducer. Problem is, will 1" hose be ok to seal on the pump? Also, the thermostat housings i have are much smaller diameter on the bypass outlet. Has anyone seen an actual formed bypass hose, or just use a hunk of heater hose? Unfortunately my 401 has been sold and i can't remember what setup was on it before.

Thanks in Advance, Don W

Reply to
Don Wallish