What's the diff between,,,, ????

What's the difference between sub-frame connectors and under rider traction bars? Don't the go in the same place? If there is a difference, which would be the better choice? This is for my 65 FB.

Thanks much.... V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

Just look at them in any mag or website. They are COMPLETELY different things and have very different tasks. Short and sweet...Subframe connectors keep the frame solid and square. Traction bars are just that, they keep the rear axle from winding up and bouncing. Making the rearend solid and square and kept in contact solidly with the ground. My choice would be subframes unless you're planning on putting a lot of torque to the ground, then do both. It's not that one is better than the other since they have completely different jobs.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Thanks!

I looked through the stack of catalogs I get in and photos of various Mustangs, and it appeared they might be the same thing just depending on which catalog you looked at. Sorta like one catalog might call it a posi, and another tracloc, essentialy it's the same thing, just Ford vs GM versions.

So, I just watched a Spike channel program (Two Guys Garage, or whatever), and they were putting frame connectors on a 65/66 and talking about handling being greatly improved. So I go look at the catalogs again, and I see this one that it supposed to have been a standard Shelby part, and looks a little like what the show had, yet looks different and has a different name. Pictures looked like it went in same location as frame connectors.

Since I'm only running the oem 289 4v A Code, and will be converting the C4 auto to an AODE, I really don't think high torque is a problem at this point. And this is a daily driver, with an ocassional "slip" at stoplights.... ; )

Again, thanks for clearing that up

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

"V'ger" wrote

We all gotta learn somewhere. I'd stick with good subframes from Maier personally. I know their stuff works because they use everything they make on the 65/66 that they race. I'm planning on getting a set for my '69 Sportsroof. Of course I'm probably gonna need the traction bars too since I'll be pushing around 450lb/ft of torque. :)

Reply to
66 6F HCS

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

"V'ger" wrote

That website is for a plumbing company.

I had an '83 Z-28 that I yanked out the 305 and dropped in a SBC 400! It kicked ass!

Reply to
66 6F HCS

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

The answer to the question is: Subframe connectors stiffen up the chassis by connecting the front and rear framrails, thus improving handling. Under rider traction bars stabilize the rear axle when accelerating by eliminating spring wrap up. My '66 coupe has both.

Reply to
Mark

Thanks, Mark.

L>The answer to the question is: Subframe connectors stiffen up the chassis by

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Reply to