Whats the best way or place to find out about parts interchanges

I keep hearing about the intake from a ford explorer being the same as the cobra intake and that the throttle body from the ford explorer is a

65mm body and will swap right out with my 5.0 throttle body. I also heard that you can use parts from a ford ranger to convert your 4 lug front to a 5 lug front end. Just wanted to know the best place to look for more of these types of interchanges witch could save me a lot of money and a place to verify that these swaps will really work. I have an 89 5.0 hatch back with AOD tranny, that has some mods but nothing to the motor other than exhaust.
Reply to
bigred21001

fordtech via CarKB.com

They put in Lincoln rear axles to go to 5 lug and get disk brakes. I think they also use Lincoln front end stuff to get five lugs.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

In a ranger?They put a Lincoln rear end in a Ranger

Reply to
fordtech via CarKB.com

No. the original LSC's rear end I believe fits mustangs. Afterall, they were fox platform cars as I recall.

Reply to
Brent P

Sorry my mistake. Maybe is would help if people would refer to their car by the actual model name, like Mustang, Model T, Edsil, or my 2 door roundy round with the 89 Lincoln Continental rear end. HA ha ha ha

Reply to
fordtech via CarKB.com