Why do people do this?

if you look at their tags you will see they are all from up north.its been that way for ever ,no drivers ed i guess. no driving yankees

Reply to
jim donovan

It's true. Way up here, $1.95 gets you a license, and you don't even have to stand in line. Lately, you can get one over this-here newfangled inter-net.

A-yup, only the oldies hereabouts actually knows how's to drive. It's'n a mirackle that we ain't all a-killin' areselves.

dwight mid-atlantic yankee

Reply to
dwight

"Garth Almgren" wrote

*snippage* | | In most states "Keep right except to pass"

Now see, this is one I have difficulty with. Not that I like to live in the left hand lane BUT the right lane is usually so bumpy, rutted and rough from trucks (not a gripe- an observation) and other heavy traffic that I generally DO drive in the left lane. Though, if anyone is approaching behind me, I get my arse out of the way and make it snappy too!

Kate

and "Slower traffic keep | right" don't have exemptions for those exceeding the speed limit, which | means that even if you are speeding yourself, you still need to yield | right for faster traffic. This includes trucks. | | > | > The public needs to remind themselves that a majority of the food | > and products that we purchase daily arrives at our stores via truck. | > Thus, whether or not the truck driver is a scumbag or true pro, respect | > is deserved for that reason, and not because we can get flattened out | > in a collision. After all, there are a lot of better targets for our | > angst. | | My respect is not easily or automatically earned. I start with the | assumption that every driver (trucks and cars alike) is a moron or a | scumbag as you said, and work from there. If they drive like they care | about both what they're doing and others around them, they just might | get some respect. In any case, I lead by example: I stay the heck out of | their way as I would hope they'd stay out of mine. | | | -- | / Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch \ | | My V6stang:

|| | RAMFM Merchandise:
|| \ Mail snipped-for-privacy@v6stang.com for secure reply information /

Reply to
SVTKate

doc, I think you are taking this too literally. the way *I* read it is, if a car thinks that they are going to bully a truck out of a lane, they are going to get killed. Not deliberately but because once that truck has started to move, it cannot just snap back into place. By delibertately forcing yourself into the position of challenging a truck who is already in lane change mode then you are taking your life into your own hands.

JD talks awfully tough, and he can be quite obnoxious at time but I think that if you knew him you would know he has a heart of gold and would never do something like that intentionally.

Let's not over react folks....

as for my part, I think that anyone who cuts a truck off when he is making a lane change DESERVES to get smacked around a bit just for being stupid.

Kate

| > However, it seems lately that there is always some JERK that races into | > that space I so desperately need, in order to keep me from changing | > lanes. When I recognize this kind of shitty behavior, said JERK has 2 | > options when I start over: brake hard and/or change lanes quickly, | > because once I start over, it's | > a done deal. Challenge me, and you will be chewing my tires. I don't | > back down, and it ain't MY funeral, pal. | | You have no right to another lane at the expense of someone else's life; | you're nothing more than a cheap killer. I guess you'd murder your own | mother for that lane, though, wouldn't you? | | Of course, you'd go to HER funeral, wouldn't you, punk?

Reply to
SVTKate

and who the f*ck are YOU coming ito this group, not knowing a soul and acting like you are God Almighty?

Chill out buddy.... you are taking things too literally. Hope you don't do this on the road too, cause with a temper like yours you could get someone hurt!

Kate

| > No, but lets hope YOU'RE the guy that rushes up and blocks a | > diagonally moving truck next time... | | Who the f*ck are you? I was talking to a big, brave truck driver who thinks | that throttling into another lane and causing funerals is AOK. | | And then there's you, a wimpy little pissant who can't even pull his diaper | up after mommy says to stay away from the big boys. | | Listen to mommy from now on.

Reply to
SVTKate
***Mental Image*** I see this GREAT BIG Cajun guy.... prolly 6'6" tall that spends 3/4 of his free time at the gym with arms as big as a man's thighs, that heavy Cajun accent and a Neanderthal brow line.

Nope, the image is enough, I doubt the pissant will be coming for a stomping.

Kate

| >>No, but lets hope YOU'RE the guy that rushes up and blocks a | >>diagonally moving truck next time... | >

| > Who the f*ck are you? I was talking to a big, brave truck driver who thinks | > that throttling into another lane and causing funerals is AOK. | | Someone who has been a regular in this group for about 9 years and | who thinks you're a dick and obviously have no clue who you are | replying to. | | >

| > And then there's you, a wimpy little pissant who can't even pull his diaper | > up after mommy says to stay away from the big boys. | >

| > Listen to mommy from now on. | | I'm in Baton Rouge. Care to see just how whimpy a pissant I am? Catch | me anytime on Sturdays at Miss Goldies Car Show. I predict you are a | loudmouthed mammas boy who can make plenty of threats over the | Internet, which all of us in this group know is like winning the | Special Olympics. Now move along where someone cares about your | opinion other than yourself.... | | | -- | |

Reply to
SVTKate

C'mere so I can slap you!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Did you know.... That in California, if you take her license plate number after an incident like that, and give it to the law... they will hunt her down for road rage! They will actually go to their home and deal with them!

Don't ask me how I know this.... I just do.

Kate

| > ** JD Adams wrote: | > ** | > ** | > ** > I must wonder if she was related to | > ** >

| > ** >

| > ** > -JD | > ** | > ** I don't suppose you have video of that? ROFL! Please tell the story.... | >

| > It wasn't that huge a deal, but it was funny to me. I tapped the brakes on an | > angry, ugly woman one morning, who insisted on tailgating me for over 5 miles | > on the freeway. | >

| > The good news: it dislodged her nose from my anal cleft. | >

| > The bad news: she pulls up alongside me, actually GROWLS showing what appeared | > to be fangs, then heaves a near-full cup of Starbucks coffee at me. It | > thwaked the windsheld, splattering into a greasy, sticky mess. Since my | > windows were up and wipers/washer operational, it just struck me as funny that | > she spent $4.75 on a Latte to throw at a total stranger. And that I thought | > it was funny, made it even funnier. | >

| > I'm sure she proferred the finger and choice prose as she sped off, but I was | > laughing too hard to notice. | >

| | Hmmm, I think my reflexes may have caused me to SLAM into her | from the sheer terror of the incident. =p | | -- | |

Reply to
SVTKate

WHOA there Big Jim!

Here in the South, the truckers are pretty aggressive and they will get into the left lane of a two lane road and drive there for 20 miles just because they can. I will definitely say that truckers on the west coast are far more courteous than those down here.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Back atcha, babe ;o)