Wondering How Many Will Pony Up For The New "Pony Package"

FYI -- For 2006, Ford will reportly offer GT suspension upgrades, small foglamps in the grill, and optional 18" wheels on V6 Mustangs and call it the "Pony Package".

Personally, I think it's a great idea. It'll help sell Mustangs to who want a sportier car than the base V6, but aren't willing to pay for the GT's higher insurance rates and lower gas mileage numbers.

What are your thoughts?

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

If they offer it in a convertible (and don't add nonfunctional scoops, airdams and spoilers) then I probably will let go of my 89 LX 5.0 vert and get one of those. Best idea I have heard from Ford since the Bullitt. Howard

Reply to
Howard Nelson

I've been working on trying not to have those thoughts.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1123119249.512922.286640 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Works both way - I think some GT owners will see it as the "Faux GT" package and be upset that the V6 is posing as a GT.

Joe

Reply to
Defiant

How about Ford offering a GT with the "Gelding Package" so that it looks like the V6?

Defiant wrote:

Reply to
J. Michael Gilker

Can't be any worse than the morons I saw on the highway the other day with a

99+ V6 vert with SVT/COBRA badge in the back and on the fenders. The 99+ (at least TTBOMK) had an option for a 'pony package' which included the accentuated hood scoop, fog lamps, etc. Not sure if there were any performance/suspension inclusions.

Michael

Reply to
Michael

If I only get the V6 car I'm thinking of adding this option. I just only wish they added dual exhaust as well.

Reply to
Braxus

"Michael" wrote in news:FUnIe.1266$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net:

Not too long ago I saw a V6 with 'TypeR' badges. Just too funny.

Reply to
Joe

I know I can! Great idea! Let me add the new LX should also be tailored to make the following equipment optional:

Roll-up windows A/C delete Radio delete Power steering delete Rear seat delete Driving light delete Light-weight hood Trunk mounted battery

A 5.0 Cammer engine would be standard as would the GT-500's gauge package.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

Has to have a bench seat and dual exhaust that comes THROUGH the rear bumper fascia to be a true Pony package. I don't like that name. I don't want to grab a pony package....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

That sounds like a Thunderbolt package, not a Pony...

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]