would you do it?

I was offered $14600 for my 00 GT Vert Automatic premium options package on a trade for an 03 SVT Cobra Vert. My 00 only has 32K miles. The dealer is not discounting nor marking up the Cobra. Would you do this deal if money were not an issue? I just am not sure I need a cobra when my 00 GT is almost like new.

Reply to
Les Benn

Okay, here's my 2 cents. That isn't a bad price... but why not take the difference you'd put into an SVT and blow the GT and save some $ too. That would be my choice.

Brad S

Reply to
Brad

I would get the '03 Cobra. It would take a lot of money to get any GT close to the performance of an '03 Cobra. Price out the cost of a forged engine rebuild, T-56 tranny, supercharger, better brakes, etc. and you'll be close to the price of a Cobra without the warranty.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Plus with the cobra you get the dealer warranty. You : "the cars not pulling enough" Dealer : "oohhh it's the blower it's defective let me just swap it for free" hehehe You get the point.

Reply to
Luna

I was offered $14600 for my 00 GT Vert Automatic premium options package on a trade for an 03 SVT Cobra Vert. My 00 only has 32K miles. The dealer is not discounting nor marking up the Cobra. Would you do this deal if money were not an issue? I just am not sure I need a cobra when my 00 GT is almost like new.

If money is not an issue, buy the Cobra and keep both cars. I was faced with that decision when I wanted to buy a second Harley. Having two of anything is twice as much fun....

Steve

98 SVT Cobra #5098 Triple Black Steeda Underdrive Pulleys Borla Cat Back Exhaust MAC Cold Air Intake Steeda Tri Ax Shifter

02 FLHRSEI

00 FXSTD Stage II
Reply to
SJB

If money was not an issue, I would get the Cobra (who in this NG would not!) but I would privately sell the GT and get more money for it.

Just 2 cents.

Serge

Reply to
Serge

If $$ was NOT an issue, definitely the Cobra!

Reply to
Katmandu

Oh, for Gosh sakes, get rid of the GT and get the Cobra if you can afford it. GT'S are a dime a dozen around here. everyone and there grandmother has one. But a Cobra will get you some looks, and a nice whiplash. Go for it......tom

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

That's like asking if a fish on dry land needs water. Of COURSE if money weren't an issue I'd go for the 03 Cobra and SCREW the GT. I think we need to take you to the shrink to get your head checked :)

Reply to
MustangMan03GT

Thanks to all of you who wrote a replay. I guess the consensus is dump the GT. Well I am not rich as hell so I do have to pay attention to bucks, but I am really thinking hard about the cobra. It is such an awesome car it reminds me of my 60's muscle car. I am going to talk to the dealer again today, but maybe sell the 00 privately so I can get the payments lower. It's a ton of money for a car to buy a new cobra.

Thanks again to all of you

Reply to
Les Benn

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:08:04 GMT, "Les Benn" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Yuh duh, the question you posed included the disclaimer that money was not a factor in the decision making process. It appears now that isn't quite the case. So do you have a different question?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

WTF is with you.. ??? All of a sudden every reply you post is some teenage trash talking bullshit! Chill out ZW!

Kate

| >Thanks again to all of you | >

| | -- | ZombyWoof | | The wages of sin are death, but after taxes are taken out, it's just a tired | feeling. --Paula Poundstone |

Reply to
SVTKate