Your Recomendation for Spark Plug Wires

I've been using the Ford Motorsport wires. Did some reading and a few sites said the Motorsport wires are far from the best, or even good. I want some wires tailored to fit my application - 5.0. What's your recomendation for a set of wires?

Patrick '93 Mustang with every damn option

Reply to
NoOption5L

I've always used Taylor wires.

Reply to
WindsorFox

MSD sells decent spark plug wires.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1151636509.892000.249860@

75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I've had the Motorsport wires on the LX for years with absolutely no problems. I've never noticed any performance issues, either.

Joe

You read too much. What problems are the Fords causing you? How do you think your car could be better with different wires?

Reply to
Tiger Pilot

Are they the best? Probably not. But I bet you're not running the engine hard enough to really need the best. For that, you'de need power adders and high rpm's. Otherwise, the Ford wires are just fine. That being said, I like to use MSD wire kits. I like to rout them better than stock so I build my own.

Reply to
.boB

What Bob said, but I like my Taylor wires.

Reply to
Blue Gator

Joe, I too have used them for years without any issues. But now that it's replacement time again, I wondered if there was maybe something better out there. I found a few of the aftermarket plug wire manufacturers criticized them (go figure, huh?). One said the price on the Motorsport wires is lower than a lot of plain ol' regular wires, suggesting maybe they're not made with the best materials. However, like a few posters have mentioned I'm really not pushing this car very hard. And I'm really not anymore. Most of my driving is just cruising down the highway. I think I'll look around a little more, but will probably get another set. We'll see.

Thank you everyone for input!

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L