1982 280ZX Turbo 2+2 Stalling Problem.. Help !!!!!

I have a 1982 280zx Turbo 2+2. It is a very nice car but I have a problem with it stalling. It runs fine but all of a sudden it will loose power and stall. It started back up with a quick turn of the key but now is stalling and just won't start back up until it is ready. I have replaced the Plugs, Wires, Cap and Rotor still it does the same thing. There are so many sensors and all I just wanted to ask if anyone had an opinion as to what it might be. I was told the ignition module is a common problem that could explain these symptoms???

Thanks

Reply to
GrayResearch

These had a weird ECU problem from time to time. The "fix" was to physically unplug the ECU and then plug the harness back in and then they'd run fine for a while. I have cleaned conections and resoldered the pins to the board inside the ECU and this might still come back. Again I could unplug the harness and plug it back in and it would be OK for a while. The cure was a new ECU but they are $$$$. It makes no sense to me why this happens but this is something I've run into with turbo 280ZX's.This is worth trying and see if it responds to this.

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
seeker