280ZX - infra red under dash ???

Whilst dismantling the dash of my 280ZX...I came accross an ifra red reciever under the center dash vents.... it looks to be factory original as the little tinted window has a propper moulding that it fits snuggly into ... and i can also see it in the diagram in the workshop manual...but no mention as to what it is...... Anyone know what that is supposed to be for ???

cheers, Brian C

Reply to
Hi-Soft

Aha...it's actually just a light to illuminate the cassette player... through me, because of that tinted window...usually goes over iR..

Now I guess an iR sensor would work behind this tinted window anyway right ?? Because I'm mounting an MP3 / CD player in the glovebox, and want to oprerate it by remote control via the iR...

Reply to
Hi-Soft