Buzzer Under Dash

When I start my 90 Miata, a buzzer SOMEWHERE under the dash below the instrument panel beeps on and off about 10 times and drives me crazy. I took off the cover below the steering column and looked around for the thing, but after 5 minutes of looking and touching everything, I could not find it. It's not the key in the ignition buzzer, already unplugged that one. Any thoughts on where this little buzzer might be. I think it might be the buzzer connected to the airbag warning system, which was disabled when I replaced the steering wheel with a Momo wheel. Great forum... Thanks for all of the help.

Wileyman Gainesville, FL

Reply to
Wileyman

Yes, the airbag computer sounds a buzzer if its diagnostics fail and the warning light is burned out or otherwise not functional. It's a backup for the light, to let you know the airbag may not be working properly (duh). You'll probably need to remove the airbag computer.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Hey Lanny:

Thanks for your thoughts on the solution. Yeah, I did remove the air bag light bulb because it was always on. So I'll remove the airbag computer and that should do it.

Wileyman Gainesville, FL

Reply to
Wileyman

Why not get your airbag fixed? It'll save you in times you really need it...

-- Jeroen Feelders, The Hague, The Netherlands (Europe) The Silver Striped 91B Crystal White Miata -

MX-5 Club of the Netherlands Technical and Websitecommission Member - Meguiar's Clinics

"Wileyman" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... | Lanny Chambers wrote: | > In article , | > "Wileyman" wrote: | >

| > > I think it might be the buzzer connected to the airbag warning system, | > > which was disabled when I replaced the steering wheel | >

| > Yes, the airbag computer sounds a buzzer if its diagnostics fail and the | > warning light is burned out or otherwise not functional. It's a backup | > for the light, to let you know the airbag may not be working properly | > (duh). You'll probably need to remove the airbag computer. | >

| > -- | > Lanny Chambers | > '94C, St. Louis | >

| | | Hey Lanny: | | Thanks for your thoughts on the solution. Yeah, I did remove the air | bag light bulb because it was always on. So I'll remove the airbag | computer and that should do it. | | Wileyman | Gainesville, FL |

Reply to
Jeroen Feelders

Jeroen:

I prefer my Momo wheel to the stock wheel with airbag. Thanks anyway. Drive defensive.

Wileyman Gainesville, FL

Reply to
Wileyman