1988 PATHFINDER

Hello, Have a '88 Pathfinder SE, 5-speed. voltage gauge reads normal at idle and at steady speeds but will spike up high when accelerating or when sitting still and reving the engine. the guage never reads below normal, just high during the mentioned times and effects the speed of the ac / heater fan, which increases in speed also.. Any ideas? Thanks.. B.R.

Reply to
BR5150

Jon Smith

Thanks for the help, did turn out to be the voltage regulator (was running at 17 volts) :) a brush or two and some diodes were burned out as well... so, $180 to repair or $200 to replace. So, went with the whole new alternator since the difference would have been made up in labor anyway... runs great now.. might be my imagination, but seems to have a little more "pep" now.. not sure what any of the above mentioned problems effect performance.. but it does seem to run alot better now.. Thanks.. BR

Reply to
BR5150

By the way... Now that all that is fixed.. My reverse lights have not worked since i have had the vehicle.. bulbs are good... any ideas where to look? the horn was also working once in a while, and not at all now.. ?? more projects for me.. Thanks again for any help

Reply to
BR5150