1994 Nissan Hardbody limited rpms when warm

My 1994 Pickup has 145,000 miles. After driving on the highway for 20 miles and stopping it looses power under acceleration. The engine looses it around 2200 rpm. Seems to be a rev limiter or timing problem (never changed the timing belt). I did plugs,wires,cap,rotor,coil, and fuel filter. Fuel pressure 35-45 psi idle to 70. Help is appreciated.

Reply to
danelsons

the engine is going into fail-safe.

The problem is with the hot wire modulator, it is gone bad and needs to be replaced

Reply to
NissTech

Reply to
Shawn

Thanks for the tip. Is there another name for the "Hot Wire Modulator?. I could not find it in my haynes book or on a google search.

Reply to
danelsons

The hot wire is also know as the air flow meter.

Reply to
NissTech