Blower Motor on 95 Altima

On my 95 Altima sometimes I can't change the blower setting. IE I can't switch out of Defrost. When I switch to heat at the feet the defrost stays on and sometimes makes a load tiking noise. Could this be the blower motor. If so how do I repair or replace it? Thanks in advance.

Jay

Reply to
JasonLee

Jay, Have you checked the vent door motor? It's the motor that switches your vent settings from dash to floorboard to windshield, etc. It's possible the gear mechanism inside the vent door motor assembly could have broken & that's why you're blower settings don't change & you hear the ticking noise. Easiest way to locate it is to change the settings on the Heater / A/C Control Unit while you listen around the center console area for the ticking sound. Once you locate the source of the sound, then swap that part out. That should solve your Heating & A/C setting problems. Anyhow, hope this helps... ID

Jas> On my 95 Altima sometimes I can't change the blower setting. IE I can't

Reply to
Idlafie

Hi Jay,

I have the exact same issue with my 95 Altima where I had no heat and it felt like the A/C was stuck on - and yes, I've been told by my mechanic it's the vent door motor.

The part is on order (about $80 CAD).

Hope this helps.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Scrivens

the "mode" door actuator is bad and needs to be replaced

Reply to
NissTech