97 PF Speakers

I've got a 97 PF. The cd player is shot and I'm replacing it with a much better deck. I'm also thinking of changing the rear, and front door speakers. As I have nothing to compare them to, has anyone replaced these speakers with brand name ones (i.e. Alpine), and if so, did it make a "big" difference ?? or..are the stock speakers of good enough quality it would take an audiophile to discern the difference ?? Thanks

Reply to
jack

I replaced mine, but I was never really satisfied. The audio dealer listened to my complaints and told me I would need a sub-woofer to get the sound I was looking for. I can tell you that even spending $400 on replacements was a great improvement to the mids and highs, however.

Reply to
ppointer

I've starterd a "pro" and "con" column...yours made it to the "con" column !!

Reply to
jack

go to a local audio store and listen buy them and have them installed there do not go to walmart beastbuy or circuscity for any of this, go to a LOCALLY owned store

Reply to
I'm Right