2000 Max. Wire boot problem

Hey guys a link to this site is up at my car audio forum and I was hoping that some of you Nissan experts might be able to help me out. I know my way around the interiors of cars pretty well but I have run into a snag trying to remove the wire boot running from my body to my door on my 2000 Maxima. I need to run some more wires to the door panels I am creating. I have gotten the door side off very easily but the car side is giving me problems. It looks as if the bolt that holds the thing in place never really comes fully out. I pulled the rubber back after loosening that as much as I could and found two plastic peiced that connect to the door. There looks like a clip at the bottom of the two peices connecting them together and I have pryed that loose. But I still can't get them fully apart so I can run my wires. Does the bolt actually come undone (is it sliping on a nut somewhere inside the car)? Is there another trick to on the side that I can't see (opposite the passenger compartment)? Or am I just plane stupid. I just ran out of light so I can't investigate it anymore tonight but I am pretty close to just breaking it off and buying a new one. Any help would be great. Thanks

Brandon

-- jakl

's Profile:
this thread: