2001 Nissan Xterra

Just recently purchased this vehicle due to our location. We basically live on the side of a mountain and have noticed the last two nights when we parked the car there was an odor of something burning from the rear of the vehicle. It is a steep climb and due to the weather the vehicle was in 4 wheeldrive. Not sure what the smell could be. Any ideas.

Reply to
USRebel

Did you ever check engine oil, if its low all the oil runs to rear of the pan, on a climb and starves the engine of lubrication.

Reply to
twfsa

If that was the case, the oil pressure light would come on.

Reply to
Rob Munach