2001 QX4 Door Stuck Shut

All,

The title says it all. The door does have power locks and from the sounds, it appears that the door IS locking and unlocking.

The first time it got stuck, you could open it from the inside. That was done ONE TIME.

After that, she won't budge.

So, I thought I'd get a Chilton's manual and tear the door panel off and fix it. But you have to be able to open the door to get the panel off . . . . . . . .

Any ideas before I take this thing to the shop? What could be broken and how do I get to it to fix it?

Reply to
Reactor

Make sure the seat belt is not hanging in the door. That can make the door not open. Happened to me one time, but finally figured it out.

Reply to
Randy

I'll check but I don't think that's the case here. How did you get yours fixed?

Don't you have to open the door to get the seatbelt out?

Reply to
Reactor

is there not a switch on the door near the locking mechanism that controls the door for safety reasons with children ? d.

Reply to
D.

And the door you are referring to is which of the 4 doors (5 if you count the tailgate door)? Driver's/passenger's door - Has anyone (Police/locksmith) used a lock jock to open the door when the keys and remote were locked inside? They often mess up stuff inside the door. I had to reattach a lock rod clip after my wife locked her keys in the car and the Police opened it for her.

Reply to
willshak

Sorry.

This is the DRIVERS DOOR. Which makes this the most inconvenient situation . . . . . . . .

Reply to
Reactor

Seatbelt is not jammed in the door. Thanks though.

Reply to
Reactor