2001 Sentra SE -- Coolant Lost from Reserve Container

I have a 2001 Sentra SE with almost 45k miles on it. About four weeks ago, coolant in the reserve container got below the min mark. I don't why the coolant was lost. I check around from leakage, but found none. More coolant was added, but only slight above the min mark. It has not drop below the min mark.

Why did the coolant lost that much?

It has not have a coolant flush yet. It sat in idle for two months (from May to July) of this years. Since August, I drove it daily. Mostly short trips, less than 10 miles between running engine and stopping engine (point A to B). So mostly stop and go traffic. I make several long distance trips, more than 50 miles each way.

I am in Texas. This year is not as hot as last year.

Should I take the car for a pressure test? (to check for leak)

The car runs fine. The engine oil look normal. No coolant smell when I turn on the heater. The radiator cap has not been replaced. I do notice that it does reach the operating temperature faster than before May. Usually, I would have to drive about five miles or some. Now it would reach the operating temperature within a mile of travel (in the morning when the engine sat cold overnight).

Thanks in advance for your input.

My e-mail address is tranghp at excite dot com

Reply to
Trang H Pham