Rear Disc Brakes on 2001 Sentra SE

I took my car in for 45k miles check up and inspection. The service advisor said the pads are worn down to the metal on the rear disc brake. I can see the outside pads (on both sides), and they are fine. I haven't check the insides of both sides. But I am not sure if I can get a good view.

Are the pads, inside and outside, suppose to be worn out evenly?

My e-mail address is tranghp at excite dot com.

Reply to
Trang H Pham

Supposed to, yes. Will they? Not always.

You should be able with a flashlight and mirror to see both pads through the caliper peek window.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

I will check inner pads this weekend, if the weather permit.

I don't notice any weird noises. On our old Oldsmobile, we did let the pads gone to the metal on the front brakes. It made loud grinding noise when the brake was applied. Yes, we didn't notice when the wear indicators noise.

Anyway, thanks Dave.

Reply to
Trang H Pham