2002 Altima oil light flickering...

2002 Altima 2.5S 101,000 miles...

After engine has warmed up, when sitting at a stop, with car in gear. Oil Light flickers if below 800 RPMs. Give it gas/Accerate and light goes out.

At 98,000 miles the head was removed and re-milled(blown head gasket) All four fuel injectors replaced, and a valve job done. Also spark plugs, drive belt, tensioner were replaced at 90,000.

I ran Royal Purple Synthetic Oil w/ K&N Oil Filter. The dealer put dyno oil in after the rework stated above, and didn't change filter. I haven't had a chance to change oil since unfortunatly due to work and moving. The light didn't start flickering until 2 days ago... Checked Oil first time it came on, and the dipstick was dry. Brought oil level up to correct level. No light, until engine warmed up.

-I'm thinking possibly that the use of dyno oil is the cause. (Seen on another site a gentleman said he went from Mobil1 to Castrol Syntec, and had this gripe changed back to Mobil1 and it went away. He did have a different car/engine. I know if you switch to synthetic from dyno on a high mileage you will most likely have leaks, Haven't heard of problems from going from synthec to dyno though

-I've seen here and other places "Nissan Oil Pumps do not fail". I don't think this is correct, all things mechanical break. Just looks like odds are this is not my problem.

Just wanted to get some thoughts.

Thanks

Jeff Honolulu, Hawaii

Reply to