2002 Altima-trouble starting?

I'm not even sure if this qualifies as having trouble starting, but I have a 2002 Altima with 28,000 miles on it and it has "a little" trouble starting if I don't start it for a few days. It starts, but the engine doesn't turn over immediately. I was out of the country for a few weeks, and I had to have a friend start the car every 3 days. He said that he also had trouble starting the car.

How long should a relatively new car be able to go between starts? I mentioned this to my dealer when I had the car in for recall work, and I got a condescending "We sell thousands of these cars. If there's a problem, Nissan will let you know."

Should I bring the car in to a more responsive dealer, like the one I bought it from? I don't need alternator problems, and the warranty is almost up, at 36,000 miles.

Thanks.

jb

Reply to
JB

the next time it does this, try putting the car in neutral and try starting it

Reply to
NissTech

Take it to another Nissan dealer. Have you had the exhaust campaign done?

Reply to
Derwud

I'd find a different dealer, the other place sounds like a bad idea if they gave you that kind of answer.

Reply to
dave stone

"Derwud" wrote in news:vvs9rqk75vvt04 @corp.supernews.com:

That was the recall work I referred to. The dealer had my car for an entire day, wouldn't give me a loaner car even though I brought my car in at 7 am and they didn't have it ready at 5:30. Luckily I live in a city, and I can just take a bus home.

Reply to
JB

I have a very similar problem. My 2002 V6 Altima (37,000) sit for a week. The battery was completely dead, door locks and all. I jumped it and it ran and re-started for the night. But, the next morning I had to jump it again.

BIG-O put a meter on it while running which showed about 12V when the alternator should have put it at 14V.

The dealer says the alternator and battery are ok, but they have found a short in the wiring to the driver's seat. I took the car in today, so I will know more later.

2002 Altima owners can email me by deleting the REMOVE-THIS letters from my email address.

snipped-for-privacy@kccgroupREMOVE-THIS.net

Von Beanblossom

Reply to
Von1111