2002 Pathfinder flunked emission tests

I went to the vehicle inspection station and my pathfinder flunked because of lack of ODB2 communication. The service tech said to drive it and come back in 5 days.

Does that make sense?

Should I take it to the dealer instead to have it fixed?

Reply to
Richard L

What he probably meant to say is that the SRT status in incomplete.

SRT stands for System Readiness Test, it is a function of the OBD2 system.

There are 4 different things the SRT monitors.

Evaporative Emissions Heated Oxygen sensors Three way Catalyst And I can't remember the other right now as I write this

The tech is right, take it on a long ride.

as the truck is driven the SRT monitor will show complete when they have passed the test.

If not the dealership can provide you with a drive cycle to follow to get them completed, The tech's at the dealership will not drive the car for you but they can inform you as to the status of the system.

Reply to
NissTech

Reply to
Richard L

The first thing you need to understand is that there is nothing wrong with your truck, the reason the monitors have not completed their testing is because you don't drive it enough for the system to complete its testing

Reply to
NissTech