2002 SENTRA GXE WINDSHIELD WIPERS

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT WOULD CAUSE THE BLADES TO SPUTTER(DOESNT FULLY GO UP DRAGS BEFORE ALL THE BLADES ARE FULLY UP) WHEN IN USE..I REPLACED THE BLADES THINKING THAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM BUT THE NEW BLADES ARE STILL DOING IT..IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS ID REALLY APPRECIATE IT

Reply to
ironlung

I think you may have installed THE BLADES BACKWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
¤Xperimental¤

LOL IT IS POSSIBLE..THANKS MAN I WILL TURN THE BLADES AROUND...

Reply to
ironlung

You can't install the blades backwards. The arms only attach one way, and the inserts are symmetrical (they do not have a front and a back).

Some possible causes: The springs that hold the blades against the glass have weakened over time (fix is replacement); there could be a buildup of wax/crud on the glass causing the the blades to skip; or the metal part of the wiper arms has somehow gotten slightly twisted over time. Look at the arms carefully - they should be perfectly square to the glass. If that is the problem you can try carefully twisting them back, or get new wiper arms.

Reply to
E. Meyer

YEA I WAS ALSO THINKING IT WAS THE SPRINGS OR THE ARMS..ARE THOSE THINGS U CAN REPLACE BY URSELF?

Reply to
ironlung

You should be able to. Practice in the junk yard when you are pulling the ones you need from somebody else's wreck.

Reply to
E. Meyer

WHY A JUNK YARD? ID RATHER BUY THEM NEW SO I CAN AVOID THIS PROBLEM AGAIN

Reply to
ironlung

He said 'practice' in the junk yard (trying to get them off so you don't break yours). There are various ways that a wiper arm is locked to the drive shaft. Some are easy to lift off, some require a screwdriver to pry them off, some need a special tool, and some have a screw or bolt attaching the arm to the shaft. Try to get it off yourself, If not successful, wherever you buy new ones, see if someone there knows how to get them off or might even have the right tool.

Reply to
willshak

OK ILL TRY THAT THANKS

Reply to
ironlung

I JUST RELIZED WOULD WAX BE THE CAUSE..I HAD MY CAR DETAILED NOT TO LONG AGO AND LAST WEEK I HAD IT WET SANDED AND I AM SURE HE PUT SOME KIND OF WAX ON THE CAR..COULD IT BE SOME IS STILL ON THE WINDSHIELD?

Reply to
ironlung

If omeone waxes the windshield you do have problems, and don't use caps to post...

Reply to
Lonely Planet Boy

what do u mean if someone waxes the windshield i have problems?...I asked if some got on the windshield if that would cause the problem... pay more attention if you are going to give feedback...and the caps was a accident..you seem bitter i think u need god in ur life man !!!!

Reply to
ironlung