2004 Nissan Quest - worth the risk and investment?

Is it worth it to spend a premium on 2004 Nissan Quest?

You think there's a risk of buying a car that's totally redesign (i.e. unproven? Like the 1996 fiasco?)

Thanks!

Reply to
Chuck Chen

Don't pay a premium. We are selling all ours at sticker, not a penny more. OK, not a penny less either. I believe Nissan's dealer rules state that we can't charge more than sticker.

Clyde

Reply to
Clyde Davidson

I don't recall the 1996 Fiasco. What country was that model from?

Reply to
Dlanor P. Hcnud

1996 Nissan Quest is known for electric problems that will never be fix even if you take it back to the dealer.

Check Consumer Reports on that year and model, and you will see black dots up and down. Horrible experience (yeah, I was that sucker that bought that year and model.)

Reply to
Chuck Chen

It's a gamble. Despite my misgivings, I let my wife buy an early '01 Ford Escape. Double-whammy there; it's a Ford, and first model year. Even with the dozen or so Focus recalls for their initial year model, we took delivery with me hoping that some Mazda mojo rubbed off on it. Sure enough, she's had the car for two and a half years, and the only warranty repair is the fixing of the rear-window wiper. That's MUCH better than I expected... but would I do it again? Probably not, I'm not going to tempt fate.

Reply to
Rich

Thought the 1st year Nissan Quests came out in 1993?

Reply to
FrittoB