2004 Quest owners

Hello, I'm think of purchasing a 2004 Nissan Quest in the near future. The van seems comfortable, quiet and reliable. I really like the new front console which when test driving found it to be less distracting then when I first sat in it. So far it seems like the choice of van. The middle model seems like it's loaded with extras and my choice.

Any comments from 2004 owners of your experience good and bad. I would appreciate any words of wisdom. I'm a driver with high standards and if a van is the way to go I'm trying to choose between the 2004 Nissan Quest and the 2004 Toyota Sienna. From reports the Toyota seems like it has a better driver survey grading.

Regards, Seth

Reply to
Seth

I've owned an 2004 SL Quest since August and I can say that I'm extremely pleased. I'm more of a sports car guy myself, but even I like driving the Quest when my wife allows it anyways (she likes babying it). I wrote a fairly extensive review on epinions.com that I would suggest you read. BTW, my article is by 'trentmh'. My neighbor just happened to get his 2004 Toyota Sienna in 3 weeks ago and it is a nice vehicle that is well engineering as well. The Sienna does have a better turning radius and I like their 60/40 split rear bench sit better than the solid rear bench in the Quest. But, I believe the styling of the Sienna is really below that of the Quest. I've only had one minor issue with my Quest so far and that was squeeking from the rear slideing doors, but this was easily fixed by my dealer with a minor adjustment. It's very quiet now. My only complaint is in regards to the so-called side roof rails. You cannot purchase Nissan crossbars unless you purchased the SE version which will come equipped with them anyway. They are not an option at all for the S or SL line. I'm sure that the replacement SE crossbars would fit, but they are expensive and the dealership won't install them or warrant them. Also, the roof is not load bearing so the only way to carry rooftop luggage is to buy aftermarket crossbars if you have an S or SL and then install a hard carrier. I'm guessing this decision was made in order not to distract from the sleek styling. I'm a big fan of the Maxima VQ engine and that was the major factor in my buying decision. My wife's major factor was the styling (of course) so the Quest won out easily over the Sienna. Plus, since it is a new vehicle with an unproven track record, that actually played to my advantage when I bought. I was able to negotiate to a purchase price that was a fair amount below dealer invoice. My Toyota guys were offended I even tryed to talk price with them. It was either pay full MSRP (or more) or leave. The Quest feels like it has more interior room than the Sienna (whether it actually does or not I don't honestly know). People around here seem to really like the styling of our van, but maybe they are just being nice. I have no doubt that the 2006 or 2007 Quest will be even better. Maybe they'll change the roof rack situation and tighten the turning radius a tad. I can certainly live with both, but I'm trying to be as honest as I can writing this.

Reply to
Trent Harris