2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE V6, engine noise question

I recently purchased a 2008 Pathfinder. When I test drove the vehicle back at the dealershop, I don't recall hearing such a pronounced engine noise as i'm noticing in my new car while operating at anything over 2000RPM. I'm not really sure if it's just an engineering shortcoming or something is wrong with my particular vehicle. It really sounds to me like some exhaust pipe underneath the car is disconnected or shifted outa wack somehow. It doesn't sound like a sports car, but comparing to something like Honda Pilot that I drove for three years prior to buying this truck, Pathfinder sounds like a locomotive. I realize the engine is a bit bigger than the Pilot's, but still, comfort levels go way down when you can hear the engine roar throughout the drive.

Is this normal or should I have the car checked out? Does the pathfinder really sound a lot louder than say, 4xRunner or Pilot?

Reply to
efskyline