200sx shift knob question

I have a 86 200sx with manual shift. The shift knob looks to be moulded on the end of the shift lever. I have applied quite a bit of torque to try to get it to screw off and I am afraid of breaking something.

Does anyone know for sure if this knob will unscrew. If not, what is the changeout procedure? A good source for replacement?

thanks in advance

Reply to
Paul Temple