Shift Knob

I know this is a honda NG and I use it for my 92 accord. I also have a 97 Infiniti J30 and am trying to remove the shift knob. Any suggestions, it doesn't appear to unscrew off or there isn't a set screw that I can see.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Houghtby

left-hand threads?????

Reply to
bearman

"Brian Houghtby" wrote in news:FjvDf.81337$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com:

Manual or automatic?

Manual unscrews the usual way, but it's tight. Plastic threads in knob go over metal threads on lever. Grab real tight when turning and puts lots of grunt into it.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Automatic

Reply to
Shredder

"Shredder" wrote in news:R0WDf.9075$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Take a better look. Most auto shift levers have a tiny set screw somewhere. Check the side that faces the front of the car.

Reply to
TeGGeR®