Nissan X-Trail Anti-Hijack feature?

I have a 2006 X-Trail and wondered if it is possible for me (or Nissan) to configure the car so that it locks the doors automatically above

10mph?? I know that one press of the keyfob unlocks just the driver's door and a second press is required to unlock all doors - but it would be useful if it could do the former.

Thanks in advance Jason.

Reply to
JaseUK

Since nobody's answered you, I'll offer a suggestion.

Most US cars (the Ford Taurus is one) have this feature - I wonder if you could go on a website/newsgroup that'd tell you what bits to salvage from one of those? You might be able to retrofit part of it, anyway...

John

Reply to
EJD

It's likely just a few lines of code in the vehicle's computer rather than a separate piece of hardware that could be transferred.

could go on a website/newsgroup that'd tell you what

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

Thanks for the replies. My old MG ZR had this feature and I was surprised to find the Nissan lacking this... I will ask the dealer and see if they know any more...

Thanks Jas> Since nobody's answered you, I'll offer a suggestion.

Reply to
JaseUK