84 4x4 Manual Transmission

A few friends and I are looking into buying an 84 Nissan 4x4 pickup truck. It is a manual transmission. It needs a new one, but the owner has it for us to install. Is this difficult? Any hang-ups or things I should look for? Tips? Too big a job for a DIYER?

TIA

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

I pulled a motor and manual transaxel out of a Ford Fiesta using a swingset and a floor jack. I took two motors and made one good one and replaced the clutch and throw out bearing. This was years ago and at that time I didn't have any air tools or impact wrench. So, depending on your mechanical dexterity and your ability to think logically, I would say it is within the realm of the average back yard mechanic to pull a manual tranny and replace it.

Reply to
Mind Melt