90 nissan maxima

Hi all,

I have a friend who has a 90 Nissan Maxima, it has a starting problem?

We have changed starters, looked at all fuses, even chased and redidi the grounds. The problem is it will sometimes start and other times just click? We have chased it around and cannot figure it out. It does it when its cold or hot? Anyone have any suggestions????

Reply to
Shawn Smith

Don't use a rebuilt starter on any Nissan to start with (no pun intended)...

Might be wise to figure out what is clicking when it doesn't start and go from there.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

Reply to
Jon Smith

Start with battery, swap out with a know good one. Check battery cables. Verify starter is making clicking noise when attempting to start. Try starting with gear in neutral. Could be a neutral safety switch with intermittent contacts.

Reply to
jjjsan