'90 Nissan Pulsar Main switch panel

Hi, We have a 1990 Nissan Pulsar X1R.

We recently had a Uniden alarm installed, and when it came back from the installation, the main window swich panel was faulty. The top door lock switch works, but the window switches (3 + window lock) work only intermitently. It's not dirty connections or anything, when they stop they all stop including the switch on the passenger side.

I've had the installation people up about it, they claim it's not thier fault, but I don't want to get into that now. The guy claims his auto electrician said that the switch circuit board in Pulsars "just die sometimes".

Is it possible that this unit just failed as he said? Is there a history of these units dying?

Thanks

Luke Pascoe. luke at pascoe.net dot nz

P.S. As an aside, We're the proud owners of two Nissans, the Pulsar and a '93 Primera. I aspire to one day also own a restored '74 240z, damn those things are sexy :-)

Reply to
Luke Pascoe