Nissan Pulsar

I have a 1987 Nissan Pulsar. The Fuel and Temperature Gauge and Radiator Fan work intermittantly. When one works, they all work, when one doesn't work, none of them work. Has anyone had this problem? Know what might need to be replaces in order to fix it? Thanks

Reply to
Shannon Mays

The rectifier behind the dashboard goes bad and causes the gauges to stop working. I don't know that it powers the radiator fan though so you could have two problems or you might not have the rectifier problem. It's a common issue on the 87/88 pulsar though. You can buy one at the dealer for about $25. Pull the instrument cluster (speedometer area) out, unplug the old rectifier, plug in the new, and you're all set. Takes a couple hours at most for anyone who's pulled a cluster before.

Start with that fix, see how you do.

Reply to
Bob

Thanks, that worked...now on to more adventures with the Pulsar from Hell!

Reply to
Shannon Mays